I remember waking up being excited. It felt different than all those other times I tried losing weight. I didn't know where it would lead though. All I know is that I was done. Done with being the person I knew wasn't me. I was tired of wearing all black & hoping to blend in. Tired of hiding and eating. Tired of doing everything for everyone else and nothing for myself. Just tired. I also held out hope that I could change.....and this day was it damn it. (Like I hadn't said that a million times before but I wanted to give it one honest try)
I had a sheet of paper with food from the Weight Watcher's Core list. This part was a little bit of an extreme but I totally cleaned out my pantry and fridge then I went grocery shopping. I wanted everything out of my house that I would be tempted with. Good-bye hidden Little Debbie cakes! (I had them literally hidden in places) Good-bye chips! Good-bye Blue Bell ice cream that I would eat out of the container! Helloooooo fruits and veggies! Yeah, it was a bit restricted at first but I'm a binge eater.....if it's in the house and I'm stressed then it's fair game. (Not saying that this needs to be done but I was/am an emotional binge eater.....that means I went straight for the junk and the hidden Little Debbies)
I sat down and talked to my husband. Explained how I felt and the plan I thought about. Luckily he supports me with anything I want to do and he also wanted to eat healthy for himself.
Then I got a notebook and wrote about my feelings, some of my dreams and my frustrations. I wrote a lot in notebooks. It can be very therapeutic.
It doesn't seem like much and it isn't (or it might sound like a lot to you). But I kept this up, learned a lot about myself a long the way, and sometimes had to roll with no plan in place. I tweaked things, added in exercise about 6 months later, and worked on my emotional well-being everyday.
My advice for those wanting to start? Just do it when you are ready. It has to be something you want. Then just do what you can.

