Comparison is the thief of joy, for realz

Are you constantly looking at other people and instead of being happy for them, you get jealous & want to beat them at a competition that is only in your head?

We all see that green-eyed monster at some point.  It's how you handle it that can either make or break you.

Remember.....

Ok so now that I said that.....
I love the support I get from all of you and 
love to cheer you all on as much as I can.

But.


Want to know what I started out with?

I started out with 5 minutes.

5 hellish minutes of exercise a day.

I didn't jump into Insanity (I've yet to do it too lol) and I didn't go from zero to hours of exercise in the attempt to "keep up with the Joneses of the weight loss world".

5 freakishly long minutes.  I thought those 5 minutes was going to kill me.

Did I get jealous when I saw people doing more?  You bet I did.  I had to learn to put blinders on and worry about what I was doing.  Hard?  Yes indeed!  Do able?  Of course....with a little bit of work.

What am I trying to get at?

Comparison is the thief of your joy.  Know your limits & aim for them.  Instead of being hard on yourself because you only did "X" today twist that around!  

You are a freaking ROCKSTAR because you did "X" today!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you going to let comparison steal your joy?



◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 2 Fit Chick is proudly powered by blogger.com